Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Inspired...

Today has been a day of inspiration and self worth! Motivation and a cloud of inspiration has settle over me, and I'm finding it much easier to make it through the day! I don't know where this feeling has come from, but it feels incredible!

Charlie told me to create a position for myself. So yesterday, i walked into Les Borsai's(The CEO of Modern Artist Management)office and demanded he give me task. He handed me a coffee cup, and said, "Here, this is your first task...give it to me the way you think i'd like it." So, I took what i knew of the gentleman and gave him lots of cream and one sugar. When I went to drop it off, he asked, "How did you know i'd like lots of cream and one sugar?" I answered, "Well, i figure that everyone is just like your coffee...and from what i know, underneath it all, you're a little bitter, just like a good brew, and you have a hint of sweetness. (wink)" I had heard from a number of people that you had to be opinionated and strike back with Les in order for him to respect you. I kinda gave a little more than a strike, but he laughed and then entrusted me with more projects...so i guess it worked!

A couple hours later, there i was...a headset on, rolling calls, researching the best places for a light sandwich, and stretching myself emotionally and mentally. Its invigorating.

After I returned from my lunch break today, Vera Salamone(Jenn Sousa's[Kelly Clarkson's X-Manager]Assistant)asked me where i saw myself going, what i wanted to do in management, and what i wanted to accomplish from it all. In not even a split second i blurted, "Give 'em goosebumps!" And its so true. I know something is quality when i get goosebumps...so bring 'em on! I want to give people goosebumps with every creation i produce. Lets hope for the best!

2 comments:

robert d said...

You misspelled received in your profile. I know spelling isn't as cool as getting coffee and everything, but you never know what is going to bump someone up.

Once a box always a box,

d

NaVeed said...

wow..i liked you coffee trick... :) i dun knw what to call it a trick or some artistic sense...but was nice to read it :)