Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New Beginnings...

Well,

Today has been an interesting day for me...a day of contemplation if you will. I find myself in California, a thousand miles away from anyone that knows me or cares to know me. So...the way i see it, i have two options. First, i can fall on the ground crying, feel sorry for myself when i wake up, and continue in this debotchery for the rest of the day. Or, Second, i could see this as an opportunity for growth, personal and professional, and seize life as though i have no other option. The past couple of weeks, i've fallen into the first scenerio, and today, i have decided to take on the second. Why should anyone just hand me a free ticket to a career?...that's ridiculous to even contemplate!

I believe that i have tons to offer a company, but i need to hammer out some things in order to hoan my skills in the industry and see where i fit in...so...i've that i'm going to take on my friend zac as my first management client. He's incredibly talented and motivated, as am i! We have known each other for years(we went to high school together) and he lives here in los angeles as well. The componenet to our relationship that is essential is comprised of two things...we both believe in each others abilities, and we both have completely different view points on specific topics. I really think taking on this task will cause me to grow, and push my to be Zac's go-to guy! I want to learn and experience everything...booking, contracts, photo shoots, marketing, promotions, recording, merchandising, and simply, learning how to just give a shit! I want to know everything as far as the industry goes! Is that possible? Probably not, and that's why it will be a "life" goal.

It may sound like i'm blabbing, and i'm sorry to have such a downer blog, but i needed to get it off my chest, so deal with it!

No comments: